High-performance OCT and topographer
HD imaging for more corneal details. The MS-39 optical coherence tomograph (OCT) provides a quantum leap in corneal diagnosis. Best possible treatment decisions can be made thanks to an impressive level of detail.
Detta är Schwind MS-39
The combination of the latest generation of spectral domain OCT and Placido topography offers excellent resolution and reveals the structure of the cornea down to the last detail.
Cross sectional images with an extremely large diameter of a maximum of 16 millimetres can be displayed for the entire anterior segment of the eye.
Unika fördelar med MS-39
- Particularly detailed measurement of the structure of the cornea in all its layers
- High-precision information on pachymetry and elevation, curvature, and dioptric power, each in relation to the anterior and posterior corneal surface
- Greater diagnostic certainty thanks to in-depth information about the epithelium
- Particularly precise representation as an epithelium map with a resolution of 3.6 micrometres thanks to spectral domain technology
- Excellent image quality for the anterior segment of the eye across a diameter of up to 16 millimetres
- More precise centring and results through static cyclotorsion correction information for treatment with SCHWIND AMARIS and SCHWIND ATOS laser systems
With the MS-39, epithelial and stromal tissue can be examined separately from one another – particularly helpful before transepithelial treatments or during keratoconus screening or postoperative evaluation of the lenticule. The high resolution sections also allow for more precise analysis of the depth extension of corneal opacities. The epithelial masking effect is a well-known phenomenon, and its morphological evaluation is a useful method for the assessment of anomalies on the corneal surface.
In addition to high-resolution cross-sectional images of the cornea, the MS-39 also provides imaging details of the iridocorneal angle, iris, and lens. This allows for a well-founded diagnosis which is individually tailored to the patient and makes the laser treatment even safer.
Väl utvecklat analysprogram
The MS-39 allows for a particularly detailed overview of the cornea including the corneal aberrations. Here, the user can differentiate between the anterior, posterior, or entire cornea. Maps and simulations help with analysis, as well as when talking to patients.
This convenient tool provides important corneal data and can make a pre-operative contribution to avoiding possible complications associated with ectasia.
Placement of intrastromal rings can be planned exactly with the help of pachymetry maps and a corneal elevation profile.
The integrated function captures the pupil diameter dynamically or statically depending on the defined lighting conditions. Precise data concerning the pupil centre and diameter are essential for planning and performing most refractive treatments.
The Placido technology allows for analysis of the condition of the tear film. This information provides support when diagnosing the symptoms of “dry eye”.
The calculation module for intraocular lenses, based on ray tracing technology, is excellently suited for treatment planning of refractively treated or untreated eyes.
Various useful screening parameters assist glaucoma specialists with diagnosis
The crystalline lens thickness and their position in the eye can be precisely determined to support refinement of the IOL calculation